Forum Discussion

xylian
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Problem supporting DBGrid and TcxGrid Site

Hello again

I have to support programically custom TDBGrid and TcxGridSite.

I added mapping to the BorlandControls/DBGrid for custom DBGrid and to the Developer Express Controls/QuantumGrid/Site for custom TcxGridSite.

I also have my tested app compiled with debug information, as I was advised before. However. None of important method (ClickCell, ClickColumnHeader etc) works on both of those grids.

I even tried this tutorial to click column header, but it fails due to lack of  GridObject.Columns.Items property (even with debug mode)

I'd appreciate any tip on this

Regards

5 Replies

• Hi,

Make sure that you specified the correct class names in the Developer Express Controls | QuantumGrid and BorlandControls | DBGrid groups of your project's Object Mapping options. A control's class name is specified by the object's WndClass property. You can view the value of this property in the Object Browser panel.

Also, try to enable the Derived Classes check boxes next to the control class names.

xylian
    Occasional Contributor
    Derived or not it doesn't work. I'm sure the classname is correct. I've triple checked it. I just tried to use ClickColumnHeader on my DBGrid, its says in log that "an error occured". 

• Hi,

What versions of the controls and what TestComplete version are you using?

Currently, TestComplete supports Developer Express ExpressQuantumGrid ver. 4-6 and the VCL TDBGrid component of Borland Delphi 7, Borland Developer Studio 2006, CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 and 2009, Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010 and XE.

xylian
    Occasional Contributor
    I'm using newest TestComplete 8

My delphi is 2009 one.

I've managed to support TcxGrid. I needed add mapping to TcxGrid, TcxGridSite and TcxTableView to acquire that.

I can't force DBGrid to cooperate though...
  • Hi,

Most likely, the debug information for your application is incorrect. To solve the problem, try to recompile the tested application according to the requirements specified in the Using Debug Info Agent With Delphi 2009 Applications help topic.

Also, make sure that the Delphi and C++Builder Open Applications Support and VCL Controls Support plug-ins are installed and enabled in TestComplete. For detailed information on how to install plug-ins, see Installing Extensions.

For more information on support for Borland TDBGrid controls, please refer to http://smartbear.com/support/viewarticle/11562/.