Forum Discussion

damodarshanbhag
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Problem in cross browsing in browser loop

HI, I have got a sudden crash problems with running test cases in IE version 11.096 when i put it in a browser loop by creating a seperate test cases for browser looping and it shows a exception message and a error of IE frames, but the same test cases when i run by changing individual browsers in keyword tests it runs fine in IE. Can anyone suggest me what may be the issue?
  • If you click on the Exception line, is there anything in the Additional Info box?

In the script, ate you opening all three browsers before doing any testing? What happens if you just have the test open one browser, then test, then close it?

8 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Okay, then let's take a look at your browser loop code. It's late here so I might not see it till morning but someone else may spot the issue in the meantime!
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Yes, we can make suggestions, but you'll have to give us some more information first.

What version of TestComplete are you using?

What do you expect your test to do?

What is the exact exception is it showing?

Where exactly in your test is the exception happening?

damodarshanbhag
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Marsha

I am using test complete version 12.0.122

In log file it just shows there is an exception and it stops there and my test cases are checking the web functionality in various browsers , If its run individually by switching the browsers it runs and if its put in a browser loop it fails at the begining.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    If you click on the Exception line, is there anything in the Additional Info box?

In the script, ate you opening all three browsers before doing any testing? What happens if you just have the test open one browser, then test, then close it?
      damodarshanbhag
      Occasional Contributor

If i click on exception line the additional info panel shows " specified browser was not found" and my tests are basically keyword tests and it has the options of opening all the installed browsers at once right and it runs on current browser but when it comes to IE it fails, is that a version problem with IE?

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    If you run the test individually on IE does it work?

Just curious why you would test with all three open. Would a user do that with your app?
      damodarshanbhag
      Occasional Contributor

Yes it works when its run individually on IE but why the same thing doesn't work when its in browser loop ?

and if i run continously in different browsers  in browser loop it works with chrome, Firefox by opening and closing the browsers and  not IE .