Forum Discussion

thustead
Contributor
13 years ago

Problem bringing up context menu in a grid

Hi All,

I am trying to right click on a grid item that TC is not finding.  This is a developer express grid that we have had some issues with, some that we have worked through and others that we still need to address.  For this step though all I want to do is right click on the item to bring up a menu, but I get the below error.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

An error occurred while calling the "ClickR" method or property of the "gridControl" object.

The object or one of its parent objects does not exist.

Tested Object

Alias: Aliases.Client.Mdi.MdiClient.GenericEditorForm_new.panelView.SearchToeView.tabControl.tabPageBasicSearch.searchViewBasic.WinClient_Panels_Search_ReqDoc_BasicReqDocQueryPanel_searchResultsGrid.gridControl
Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.Client.Mdi.MdiClient.GenericEditorForm_new_new_new.panelView.SearchToeView.tabControl.tabPageBasicSearch.searchViewBasic.WinClient_Panels_Search_ReqDoc_BasicReqDocQueryPanel_searchResultsGrid.gridControl

Missing Object

Alias: Aliases.Client.Mdi.MdiClient.GenericEditorForm_new
Mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.Client.Mdi.MdiClient.GenericEditorForm_new_new_new

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Apparently, at this point in your test, the following object is no longer found by the NameMapping engine:

NameMapping.Sys.Client.Mdi.MdiClient.GenericEditorForm_new_new_new

This can happen if one of the mapping criteria (caption, id, idstr, etc) has changed in value so it no longer matches what was originally mapped.  This is where I would start investigating.  Drop a break point on the relevant line of code and then, when the script pauses, inspect your application for this component to see what mapping criteria needs to modified.