Forum Discussion

Novari-QA
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Posting bugs to JIRA with custom attributes

Good day all,

I am trying to post bugs to JIRA from TestComplete but unfortunatly JIRA refuses the creation because we have required custom attributes. Is there a way to fill in these custom attributes from TestComplete?

Creating a defect report...
Error occured while post bug to server. Error: The server [INSERT URL HERE] returned an error with code 400:
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_11201":"Database script required? is required.","customfield_11100":"Customer Reported Issue/Found in Production? is required."}}

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I suggest contacting Support directly:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/

If you go by this:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/log/working-with/creating-issue-reports/jira.html

Then it looks like you can't have custom anything

• Bug issues must:

• have the following fields:

• Summary

• Description

• Priority

• Assignee

• Environment

• have no required fields except for the ones mentioned above,

• allow attachments.

If your JIRA project does not have the Bug issue type, or if the Bugs are configured differently, ask your JIRA administrator to configure them as stated above.

Novari-QA
      Frequent Contributor

That's a bummer :-( , shouldn't be forced to remove features from JIRA if your a new TestComplete user.  only solution i can think of is build a new project for just automation tickets.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Novari-QA wrote:

That's a bummer :-( , shouldn't be forced to remove features from JIRA if your a new TestComplete user.  only solution i can think of is build a new project for just automation tickets.

You shouldn't have to create a new project, just change your required fields.  The custom attributes can still be there, just make sure that they aren't marked as required.  The JIRA interface is clearly documented on this (as per Marsha_R's quotation) so it shouldn't be a surprise.

HOWEVER... the JIRA interface IS a ScriptExtension... meaning that you can open the TCX file to gain access to the source code and make whatever customizations you want to.  I'd recommend, if you do so, that you rename the extension and deselect the pre-installed one so that, on upgrade of TC, you don't lose your customizations.  So, it is possible that you can still use your custom attributes, you'll just need to modify the script extension to support them.