Forum Discussion

jpr347
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Persistent problem with being unable to stop a test when running tests locally or via Network

Hi,

If I attempt to stop a test using Shift+F2 or clicking [Stop] I often get a "stopping..."  message which prevents further use of TC.

I have attempted the performance optimisations and filtering the object map to tested applications, and turning off non-essential addins.  I have extended search turned on for a couple of objects but turning this off does not make any difference.

It happens with local test runs and network executions.

I have never seen it happen on tiny project suites, only my production version.

It never seems to happen with a stand-alone TestExecute agent, unless it's slaved to a a TC master in which case it stalls both TC and TE.

Any ideas would be welcome

Thanks

Jonathan

5 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

what is your application?

what kind of activity / operation runing while you try to stop?

what will happen if you kill your application process when TC got stuck?

jpr347
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for taking time to reply:

-Its a windows desktop app using Infrajistics, MDF and Winforms

-Activity can be anything, eg clicking buttons and carrying out reads of on-screen text, image matching etc.  I have not noticed any correlation with the type of tests being carried out.

-I have not tried this and will next time it happens. 

This problem never happens when tests terminate normally, only when either Shift-F2, or [Stop] has been clicked.

jpr347
        Occasional Contributor

I cannot recreate it with local tests, but it happens with greater probability running network tests with the debug option enabled.

Thanks for your help

jpr347
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Nishera,

Aplogies for the delay on my side. 

I will come back to this within a couple of days as I'm not currently working on the same environment/tests.

Kind regards