Forum Discussion

nginoza
Frequent Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Performance issue with iOS when trying to resolve the "Process" object on first run

Hi All;

I just opened a Support issue, but thought I will throw it out to "All" to see if anyone also is experiencing this issue with resolving to the "Process" object on first opening an iOS project suite.

Example this is taking over 1 minute to resolve:

Log.Message(Mobile.Device().Process(ProjectSuite.Variables.Go_Process).Window().FullName);

Even hard coding the "Process" is still very slow.

It seems to once it is resolved after loading the project suite there is no issue and is very fast.

This is a big problem was we use MTM which opens the project for each test project execution. I have over 20 projects and still growing so I have to reach out to get some kind of resolution.

Can anyone shed light on their experiences if they see this occurring also?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

• Hi Nathan,

> [...] as the size grows the first execution gets slower and slower.

This is a known situation and, actually, expected one as the larger the suite the more time TestComplete needs to preprocess (compile, resolve references, etc.) all suite tests before execution.

4 Replies

nginoza
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi All

I upgraded to 10.3 and performance is much, much better with the initial load / resolution of the process object.

What used to take 42 seconds to run is now taking only about 5 seconds.

But, on a side note I am seeing some play back execution performance degradation from 10.2 to 10.3.

nginoza
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi All;

I just noticed that it appears to be related to the size of the ProjectSuite, I tried with a small ProjectSuite and don't see the problem, but as the size grows the first execution gets slower and slower.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Nathan,

> [...] as the size grows the first execution gets slower and slower.

This is a known situation and, actually, expected one as the larger the suite the more time TestComplete needs to preprocess (compile, resolve references, etc.) all suite tests before execution.

nginoza
    Frequent Contributor
    OK thank you Alex for your feedback.

I am a new user to this tool.