Forum Discussion

heidi_n
Regular Contributor
7 years ago

Perforce (Source Control) Error After Upgrading to TC 12.41?

We updated to TC 12.41 from TC 12.31 and are getting the following error when trying to use Perforce (Source Control) with TC. Is Perforce incompatible with this version, or am I just missing some setup steps?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

As noted, probably on upgrade you switched over to using the 64-bit version of TestComplete... the Perforce provider is probably a 32-bit provider.  If you run the 32-bit version of TestComplete, does it work properly?   That might be a short term work around.

In the meantime, you might need to see about getting the 64-bit version of the Perforce provider installed on your environment (if it exists) in order to use it within the 64-bit version of TestComplete.

heidi_n
      Regular Contributor

I'm using Perforce 64 bit. Yes, if I run the 32 bit version of TC it works properly, but I wanted to upgrade to TC 12.41 for Chrome 62 support.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor
        Just to clarify... You day you're running the 64-bit version of the Perforce client and it is not working with the 64-bit version of TestComplete? Sounds like a question for support.

However, you do not need to run the 64-bit version of 12.41 to take advantage of the Chrome 62 support... You should be able to run 32-bit TestComplete 12.41 and still have the desired Chrome support. Both versions of TestComplete are installed and available