Forum Discussion

tc_2018
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Out of the windows occurs on different machine.

Hi,

My below codes work like a charm for many months on both systems that have the same version: 12.30.1651.7. However, right now, I get the error message saying: "There was an attemp to perform an action at point (46, 12) which is transparent or out of the window bounds" on one system which has updated version: 12.60.5545.7. The other with 12.30.1651.7 has no problem.

#Click on port button

control = Aliases.im.frmSplash

control2 = control.CmdHostPort

control2.ClickButton()

Please help! Thanks.

• After finishing my project with version 12.30, I have time to try installing version 12.60 again and it works like a charm.

The key for it to work is I must do the clean install with 12.60.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

If it's on adifferent machine, the problem probably has to do with screen resolution.  If the component isn't visible on screen, you'll get that error.  Make sure that the screen resolution is sufficient enough to be able to have all components available as much as possible.  You may end up having to put some sort of "Focus" call on the component or scroll down functionality to scroll the object into view.  Most likely, the problem is not due to the new version of TC but to the change in environment.  UI based functional testing is VERY dependant upon environment.  So, if the component is visible on screen on one machine but is not on another, your automation code needs to accommodate that by adding necessary checks and controls to bring the component to focus.

tc_2018
      Contributor

Robert,

I went back to the previous version 12.30 and it works as expected. The updated version 12.60 did not work for me.

Thanks.

tc_2018
        Contributor

After finishing my project with version 12.30, I have time to try installing version 12.60 again and it works like a charm.

The key for it to work is I must do the clean install with 12.60.