Forum Discussion

hokrani
Contributor
14 years ago

Object not identfied in Acronis Applications

Object in Acronis application is not identifed TestComplete.

I'm using TC-8.0 with Standard version.

Let me know what is problem.

7 Replies

• Hi,

Try enabling MSAA or UI Automation for your application and check how TC recognizes objects in it. See the "Using Microsoft Active Accessibility" and "Using Microsoft UI Automation Technology" help topics.

If this doesn't help you to access the needed object, describe the problem in detail: what exact object you're trying to access, what it looks like in the Object Browser and what happens when you're trying to work with it.

BTW, the latest TC version is 8.20.
  • I tried after enable 'MSAA' and 'UI Automation" options, still object is not identified.

Find the attached document with more information with screeshot and also find the zip for the entrie project suite.
  • Hi,

In this case, it looks like the only way to work with your application is to use coordinate-based actions. To located objects withing the application's window, you can use image search. See the "Finding an Image Within Another Image" and "Comparing and Finding Images - Specific Tasks" help topic.
  • If i installed latest of TestComplete EnterpriseVersion, then TestComplete will identify the object ?

Right now i'm using latest Version of TestComplete Standard version.
  • Hi,

This is not a limitation of TC Standard. Your application is of an unsupported type. Only black-box testing is available.
  • I too have a problem with this. My application is a Java based one. In there we create the menu bars dynamically. when im going to automate click on menu items my application get closed.
  • Hi,

You get an 'object not found' error. See the "Handling the 'Object Not Found' Errors" help topic.

BTW, how is this related to the topic of this thread?