Forum Discussion

fazlook
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Object Spy does not recognize my key actions Shift + CTRL + A inside a VMWare but it does remotely

Object Spy does not recognize my key actions Shift + CTRL + A inside a VMWare but does it remotely. How do I fix that ? 

I run TC 12.6

Thank you

• Depending upon the client that you're using to get to your VM, certain key combinations don't transfer over.  For example, typically CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't transfer to the remote machine.  You may need to do some kind of key mapping to get the SHIFT-CTRL-A to be able to translate across to your VM.  The issue is not with TestComplete but with the technology used to access the VM's UI.

6 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Are you running test complete on your host and trying to get to objects inside the VM, or are you saying you're running Test Complete inside the VM and are not able to?

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Depending upon the client that you're using to get to your VM, certain key combinations don't transfer over.  For example, typically CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't transfer to the remote machine.  You may need to do some kind of key mapping to get the SHIFT-CTRL-A to be able to translate across to your VM.  The issue is not with TestComplete but with the technology used to access the VM's UI.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Just to clarify, TestComplete is installed on the VM where you are testing?

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi fazlook,

Was this question resolved?

If you still need the assistance, I recommend that you record a video of your screen demonstrating the issue. This will help the Community better understand the behavior you describe. You can use a simple Jing video recorder.