Forum Discussion

Antonio713
Occasional Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Object Identification issues in windows forms application.

I am having some trouble with windows forms objects identification.
Originally when mapping the objects in the application object names where WinFormsObject() however now they have changed all across the application to be Window(), I Have 3 other colleagues that do not have this issue and the original mappings still are working for them, however my test executions fail due to the identifiers changing.

I thought this may have been something that was specific to my installation and so I did a lot of internal troubleshooting and research and finally had the application re-installed on my machine, the re-install seemed to work and fixed the issue for about a day, that is, until I restarted my computer and now the issue is present again.

How we have mapped in TestComplete:

Name: `WinFormsObject("EnhancedLogging")`
VS How the mappings now appear in my application:
Name: `Window("WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.338574f_r32_ad1", "EnhancedLogging", 1)`

I am running 
TestComplete Version: 14.61.294.7 x64 with Desktop, Web, and Mobile modules and obviously the base module. I have made sure WPF Control Support extension enabled as this was mentioned in a thread I came across in a similar thread.

I cannot reasonably updated these element mappings as there are thousands of them and the initial mappings are still working for my colleagues. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Hi, use nameMapping condition on this object:

WinFormsObject -> put OR condition with Window values.

Update nameMapping on Your project.

Hope this helps You.

2 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi, use nameMapping condition on this object:

WinFormsObject -> put OR condition with Window values.

Update nameMapping on Your project.

Hope this helps You.