Forum Discussion

stevol
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Not visible logs

Hi,

from yesterday i have a problem; after a run, when i go in Logs section, i can see one row relative of my run, but if i click (or double-click) on it, i see only the main column with Information box (Errors count, Warnings count, Start Time, End Time, log path), but the detail log column is without data, all gray...

And i have this issue also about previous logs, that before yesterday i could see without problems... any idea?

In attachment the screenshot.

PS: i use TestComplete 6.53.454.7

8 Replies

VLapidus
    Frequent Contributor
    Click View | Desktop | Restore Default Docking in the main menu
    stevol
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

thx but the problem persists. With this option, now in lower part of the page other tabs are available (Bookmarks, Serch/Replace Results, Call Stack, Watch List, Locals, Breakpoints) but Logs are always not shown. Any other suggestion?

bye and regards,

ste
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    It looks like the routine/test you are executing doesn't actually write anything out to the log.  If there is nothing explicitly written (messages, etc) and you have Log.LockEvents set, if there are no errors or warnings, your log will be empty.
    stevol
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

no, the problem is different: i have a run with a log that yesterday i saw in every detail... today, the same run visualizes only the Information tab but not the details... and this problem affects both old logs and new logs of new runs :-(

I have seen on pc the folder of this log, and it seems as the others... i have these files:

1) {...}  [an alphanumeric code, different in every folder]

2) Description.tcLog

3) RootLogData.dat

2nd and 3rd files size 2KB, while {...} in this case about 11MB

so the log exists and it's populated (with a text editor i see tags and logs), in fact i can see it in Project Explorer window, but not details..

As a consequence, if a run failes, i can see that failes but not why :-(
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    If your screenshots shows the logs from yesterday as well, those logs ran a different test.  Your screenshot is for something called "Prova\ciao" while yesterday's logs were for something from a "Main" routine.  Two different actual executions.  (see the screenshot I've attached highlighting this)

Please verify that you are running the same test as you ran yesterday.
    stevol
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Martin,

the screenshot i attach in the first post is relative to a run i have made today to verify if the problem deals with only old logs or also new runs (and the conclusion is that is related also to new runs).

Howewer now i attach the screenshot about log of yesterday failed log (and i confirm that yesterday i saw details).

I have also tried to switch off/on the pc, without solution... maybe for some reason now there is some corrupted file which disables the detail tab... i don't know... any suggestion will be appreciated :-)

thx and bye,

ste
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Right click on the log node and find the option in the resulting context menu that indicates "Select Log Panel".  Select that option and then select the panels you wish to see.

It looks like your log panels got closed accidentally.  The information I've indicated here is based upon TC 8, the text and options may be different for TC 6.
    stevol
    Occasional Contributor
    thank you! :-)

in TC 6, right click in the upper side of information tab, then click Log Panels\Test Log, and logs re-appear :-)

thx and regards,

ste