Forum Discussion

JcorwinInChas
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

No longer able to access script from error in Test Log

After upgrading to 12.4, I can no longer access a script line item from an error in the Test Log. More specifically, a DBLclick on an error would take me to the script in question but no longer does. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Thx
  • It looks like I failed to set some Object variables correctly, what I "thought" used to happen is, where the script could not find an object, any object that double clicking on that error would take me to the line of code that tried to set it it.  For the previously mentioned line items, that did not happen.  Again, I may not have run across this in the past but I know I've made mistakes before today.  Not a big deal either way as I believe I now understand what works and why.  Thank you for the feedback.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Works fine for me...  more information about the error you're getting, where you're expecting it to show up, etc, would be helpful.

JcorwinInChas
      New Contributor
      There is no error - it appears that where I have defined log output( i.e. Log.Message), I am able to DblClick t get to those line items. In the screenshot attached the log contains only default logging( nothing explicitly defined by me), only the item in green takes me to the script, the other do not. I don't remember a case where this didn't work in past releases, but I may not have hit all conditions.
        tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Without knowing more about the code generating those errors, not sure I can help.  All I know is that in my automation, double clicking a line item in the log will take me to the relevant code... ASSUMING the code is still there or is accessible within TestComplete.

So, for example, those three errors indicating "The object <objectname> does not exist" don't look like native TestComplete errors.  The reason being is that in similar error message, TestComplete simply reports the single object name (sectionUxPrortalContent or panelRow) rather than the whole tree hierarchy of the object.  This signals to me that these aren't native default logging but something coming from somewhere else, possibly a script extension.  So, clicking on those items won't take you to the code because the code isn't actually in TestComplete.  It's possible that all these lines are like that, even the one representing the window click.

If you can 

1) Reproduce your problem with some simple code and

2) post a copy of that code here

That will go a long way at debugging this.  As it stands, in 12.40, I'm not having the problem you're having.

• It looks like I failed to set some Object variables correctly, what I "thought" used to happen is, where the script could not find an object, any object that double clicking on that error would take me to the line of code that tried to set it it.  For the previously mentioned line items, that did not happen.  Again, I may not have run across this in the past but I know I've made mistakes before today.  Not a big deal either way as I believe I now understand what works and why.  Thank you for the feedback.