Forum Discussion

shilpawdhw
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Need help with Files checkpoint

Hi, 

Can anybody help me with files checkpoint. Currently I am able to compare two files  but , when two files are different comparison result shown by default is not readable. I refereed this link 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/checkpoints/files/about.html

and here comparison result is readable 

but I am getting value in below format in comparison panel

Ù ©w“­ßçiȾ{5d{Ä

3 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor

It looks like encoding problem. I can suggest 2 possible ways for you to solve the issue:

1. Change encoding of the file you compare to UTF-8
    2. Change Windows default language for non-Unicode programs to the one, which is used in your file (this option can be found in different places depending on Windows version, in Windows 10, for example, it is the Administrative tab in the Region window, see attached screenshot)
      shilpawdhw
      Occasional Contributor

Files and format on my system are same also tried changing encoding to UTF-8 but facing same issue

karkadil
        Valued Contributor

Can you attach the file (or at least part of its content) here along with screenshots of what you expect it to look like and screenshot of the actual comparision view?

It would also be helpful if you specify the encoding which is used in the file.