m_essaid
Valued Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

NameMapping issue

Hi,

I had with an old namemapping this structure : Aliases.Process.Form.Edit

(on which I was doing a SetText() )

With another version of the executable, the mapping structure changed to Aliases.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit

As you imagine I just can't modify the namemapping, but in this case I'm afraid I have to insert the ".Combobox" within the structure in each places into the script (which are numerous).

Is there a better way to overcome that problem please ?

Thank you,

• Yes.

Remember, there are two "layers" to NameMapping.  There's the stuff that is laid out as NameMapping.Sys.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit and there's the Aliases.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit.  You can drag the "Edit" to be a child of Form in the Aliases tree while still preserving the full mapping in the NameMapping tree.  That way you won't need to change any of your automation.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Yes.

Remember, there are two "layers" to NameMapping.  There's the stuff that is laid out as NameMapping.Sys.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit and there's the Aliases.Process.Form.Combobox.Edit.  You can drag the "Edit" to be a child of Form in the Aliases tree while still preserving the full mapping in the NameMapping tree.  That way you won't need to change any of your automation.

LinoTadros
      Community Hero

In Name Mapping, check the box for "Extended Find" next to the Edit control.

Cheers

Lino

m_essaid
      Valued Contributor

Hi guys,

Thank you very much Robert, you let me save a lot of time !!!

Thanks again,

Mehdi