Forum Discussion

rw
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Name mappping not strict enough - does not work

I'm trying to get a set of web pages set as mapped objects in TC 7.5X. I am experiencing some real bad luck here.

So I did a simple test. Nice & easy one. One mapped object of type Page for google, and another Page for yahoo. I tried using URL and LocationName as the only discriminators between the two.

Sadly, it thinks everything is the other. If I do "highlight on screen" for the google map, it will highlight the yahoo page(just one instance & tab of IE 7 on yahoo.com) & vise versa.

Is there something I am doing wrong here? I thought the URL and/or the LocationName would be sufficient enough to show the difference, but it isn't.

3 Replies

rw
    Occasional Contributor
    Actually, that was me posting that. I forgot to put the follow-up on here. :)

Even with me pushing my object mappings in question down to a child of the ie.browser.etc object, what would create mistaken identities? I noticed when I'm on the Object Browser tab, sometimes it does an auto-refresh to show no child objects under the page, even when the page itself(being static) has not done any changes.

I think that is what might be causing this.

• Hi,

Well, we are not aware of such problems. If you need us to investigate the problem, reproduce it, pack the entire project suite and send it to us.