Forum Discussion

satya214_1
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Name mapping configurations works multiple applications?

I have an application which is developed in multiple technologies i.e. VC++, Java & VB.NET. The same set of test cases should be executed on all the three flavours of application, therefore my test script work remains the same.

Hence, if can create similar Namemapping structure for all the three flavours of application, one single test script can work seemlessly for all the three flavours.

Will NameMapping configurations be able to provide this kind of functionality. i.e If a three NameMapping configurations with same object hierarchy stucture (using extended find where ever required) are created, then i can use the same script just by initializing NameMapping configuration to respective flavour of AUT & use the same script without any modifications.

Is there a way achieve this kind of functionality using NameMapping configuration i.e. changing identification properties for any object in each configuration

2 Replies

• Hi,

I'd recommend using conditional mapping instead of configurations. You may need to map objects from different application types by different properties, and conditional mapping allows doing this, while configurations work only for values, not for entire property sets.
  • Another option is to edit the mapping criteria of objects to store values in a project variable, and use a control test case to set/increment the value. Be sure to set a useful default value that describes a version of the AUT that is convenient for test development.