Forum Discussion

edHarth
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Message "The license activated on the virtual machine can not be used" appears in physical machine

I've been using TestComplete on a physical machine for over a year but now it is now showing up "The license activated on the virtual machine can not be used" and will not allow me to open TestComplete, no settings changed on machine.

Has anyone had the same problem?

edHarth
    6 years ago

hi,

I will ask the infrastructure technicians to analyze the firewall and antivirus. We did not use virtual machines to work with TestComplete, since we already knew that the licenses were not for this type of machine.
    Thank you for the tips

• Hello,
    we were able to solve the problem.
    The user was running the Virual Box app in the box and that was what caused the problem.

Thanks for the help.

7 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

What has changed on that machine?  Did you upgrade TestComplete?  Was the hard drive swapped out and restored?  Is this a different TestComplete project than you were using before?  

It would also be helpful to know what version of TestComplete you are running.

edHarth
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Marsha_R,

Nothing was changed on the machine, it's the same project, it did not have any hardware changes and Windows did not update.

The machine was turned off at the end of the day and the next day it did not work.

TC Version: 12.42

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

hi,

you may have made no changes on your TC setup but you may have changed something on the LicenceManager on which the TC's licence is registered ? I could be different machines, running on the same domain.

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

and following onto m_essaid, also check network permissions to that license manager machine as well as firewall settings and antivirus settings between your machine and the other.

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

something else, but it may not be that : activating a licence on a Licence Manager is by default only on physical machines. If your admin has moved the licences on a virtual machine / virtual server, you have to ask to SmartBear team to unlock this feature (using the licence manager on a virtual machine).

You just have to ask.

edHarth
      Occasional Contributor

hi,

I will ask the infrastructure technicians to analyze the firewall and antivirus. We did not use virtual machines to work with TestComplete, since we already knew that the licenses were not for this type of machine.
      Thank you for the tips

edHarth
        Occasional Contributor

Hello,
        we were able to solve the problem.
        The user was running the Virual Box app in the box and that was what caused the problem.

Thanks for the help.