Forum Discussion

TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
9 years ago

Meet TestComplete 11

Greeting Testers,

Great News! We have just released the new TestComplete version – v. 11.0

WHAT’S NEW

TestComplete 11 introduces a number of breathtaking improvements and changes. Here are the most interesting ones:

• Windows 10 support. With TestComplete 11, you can record and run automated tests for Windows Store applications and for regular applications on Windows 10.
  • Enhanced Source Control Integration. Our R&D completely recreated the integration with source control systems. Working with SCC has become easier now.
  • Python scripting. We offer full-fledged support for Python. Now, you can use Python to record, write or debug Python scripts.
  • Visual Studio 2015 and RAD Studio XE 8 support.
  • Many improvements in Web and Mobile modules.
  • And much more…

Check out the full list of improvements in the "What's New in TestComplete 11" help topic.

HOW TO TRY

If you have an active Maintenance Subscription for TestComplete 10, TestComplete 11 should be added to your SmartBear account automatically. So, log in to your account to download the installation file and find the license information. (Please note that we are currently updatng your accounts - perhaps, not all of you already have TestComplete 11 added to the account).

If you want to evaluate TestComplete 11 features, you can request a 30-day full-functional trial version. To get it, just fill in several fields of this form.

MIGRATION NOTES

Before migrating your current TestComplete projects to TestComplete 11, please read the "Migrating Projects Created in Earlier Versions to TestComplete 11" help topic.

INSTALLATION AND LICENSE NOTES

TestComplete 10 and TestComplete 11 can be installed side-by-side. However, the products will use different licenses. So, you will need to activate the TestComplete 11 license in addition to the v. 10 one. This parallel installation is allowed until you migrate your TestComplete 10 projects to the newest version. After this, you will have to uninstall TestComplete 10 and deactivate its license.

Please refer to the "Activating Licenses" help topic to learn the detailed information on how to activate the new license.

LIVE WEBINAR

We are welcome you to join our special webinar on the awesome features added to TestComplete 11.

Date: 07/29/2015 at 1:30 pm EST

Click Here to Register for the Live Webinar

Happy testing!

You are welcome to share your feedback about TestComplete 11 here :)

27 Replies

chrisb
    Regular Contributor

@Tanya, Once the installer is downloaded what is the recommended install process for TC 10 users? Should I uninstall TC10 first or leave it and run the TC11 installer. Also, it would be nice if we could update by running an update from within Test Complete rather than having to log into a website, download the installer and then install from scratch.

• "Check out the full list of improvements in the “What's New in TestComplete 11” help topic (available after the product installation)"

Is there a way to see the list before doing the upgrade?

chrisb
    Regular Contributor

@Tanya, can you post a link to instructions that clearly show the steps required to add a floating license for Test Complete 11 to our licensing server? Thanks.

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I'm having TC 10.6..  In previous upgrades TC automatically noticed me to upgrade not this time.

When I go to Help / check for update it just stoped at middle of progress bar.

Account is updated ..going manually and downloading....

• Like one of the previous posters noted it doesn't look like TC 11 works with our existing floating licenses. Previously with new versions of TC we didn't have to update the license server, is that not the case this time? We are licensed for TC 11 as it was listed in on our products page and that's where I downloaded it from. I'd just like to be sure we do in fact need to uninstall and reinstall the license manager ("SmartBearLicenseManager.exe"). The license manager doesn't allow an in place upgrade.

I attached some images of the Messages I mentioned and the License Manager Version we are on (2.5).

Thanks,

Adam

TanyaYatskovska

Hi,

@kirk_bottomley, we’ve uploaded a new TestComplete 11 documentation on our web site. I’ve updated the announcement.

@chrisb, @NisHera, @akuczkowski, I’ve updated the announcement text based on your posts. Please refer to the Installation and License Notes.

Let me know if you still have questions.

akuczkowski
        Contributor

I still have a problem, I was only able to activate one of our floating licenses. Activating any additional license gives an error that there is already a license installed. I confirmed we do not have access to all our licenses and sent and email to support about this problem.

-Adam

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Hi , 

It's good to know TestComplete 11 is available for Window 10. 

We are very exited for it, We hope it will rich of good and advance feature .

• Hi Tanya,

You said:

"This parallel installation is allowed until you migrate your TestComplete 10 projects to the newest version. After this, you will have to uninstall TestComplete 10 and deactivate its license."

Why do I need to uninstall and deactivate the TestComplete 10 license? What happens when there's an issue in TC 11 and I need to go back to an earlier TC version?

Thanks,

Steven

TanyaYatskovska

Hello,

chrisb, thanks for your feedback. Please keep in mind that QAComplete can still work with TestComplete 10. 

StevenN, according to EULA, you can use only one product version. It can be either v.10 or v.11.

>>What happens when there's an issue in TC 11 and I need to go back to an earlier TC version?

This is why we allow you to use two product versions during the migration. You will move to TestComplete 11 only when you make sure that all your tests are executed fine in the new version.

However, you need to understand that once you open your TestComplete 10 project in v.11, the project will be converted, and you won’t be able to open it in v.10 again. Thus, backup your v.10 project and use it in v. 11.

StevenN
        Contributor

Hi Tanya, 

I had a look at the EULA but couldn't see where it specified that you could only use one version at a time, I probably just misunderstood the legal jargon though. Could you point me to it please?

Thanks,

Steven