Forum Discussion

Herman
Contributor
15 years ago

Manual testing example not working

I copied the manual testing example to anaother folder because I want to experiment with the example project. When I try to run the DelphiScript example I get an error message:

Unknown name.

Start

Unit: "ManualTesting_DS" Line: 7 Column: 22

I'm using TestComplete 7.5.

I checked that the ManualTesting extensions (Manual Test Builder (vs. 7.0); Manual Test Editor (vs. 4.0); Manual Testing (vs. 7.0)) are installed.

I also note that the script editor doesn't know the "Manualtesting" object.

What must I do to get the example to work?

4 Replies

• Hi Herman,

The sample script works correctly on our side. Can the problem be reproduced with another project from the same project suite (e.g. the JScript project)? Did you modify the sample script? If yes, please post the code snippet with which the problem occurs. Does the ManualTesting object appear in the auto-completion window (please check that for all the projects)? Finally, please check whether the problem can be reproduced on another machine (if it's possible).

• I did not yet change the project suite.

I tried the DelphiScript and the VB project within the project suite.

I tried to use a ManualTesting object in the test project I'm working on by typing  "ManualTesting.". After enter the dot I waited for the list with possible methods and properties. That list was never shown. My conclusion is that I probably did something wrong when installing TestComplete 7.5, but I have no idea what. I opened the list with installed extensions (via File-Install Extension...). The list shows that the manual testing extension have been installed.

• Hi Herman,

In this case, I recommend reinstalling TC completely. It looks like the installation is corrupted.