Forum Discussion

mkaufman
New Contributor
15 years ago

Login button as image not recognized upon playback

I am using keyword tests. (Not a programmer, just a tester trying to do record and playback.)  I have a login button on the application under test that seems to be an image which changes name each time.  For example, when I record for the first time, it is saved as: imageA0bA099Ea858cd1bb6809feb53c.  The playback failed, so I tried re-recording and now the button is saved as: imageF40baA0a5A343963d08d3f60032.  I assume this is what's throwing TestComplete off.  Trying to come up with an alternative, I right-clicked on the button, then selected Properties, and here it is listed as "signin_button.jpg".  Is there anyway to get the keyword script to recognize the button as the same thing every time?  Again, I'm not a programmer, so I'm looking for the easiest (non-coding) solution possible.

Thank you. 

2 Replies

• Hi Michael,

The button seems to be automatically mapped by TestComplete by using a property containing a random GUID. To solve the problem, you need to map the button manually without using this property. Please find information explaining how to map an object in the 'Mapping Objects From TestComplete GUI' help topic (TestComplete 7.50).

If you still cannot make this work, please pack the entire project suite folder and send me the archive via our Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/). I will look into it.

mkaufman
    New Contributor
    Thank you for prompt response.  I will look at this again after the holiday and follow up.