Forum Discussion

christiank
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Log is not visible in testcomplete

Hi,

im using Testcomplete 11. Several times recently, unfortunately not reliably reproducable, Testcomplete will not show the log of a testrun.

The test is executed at night using windows sceduled tasks and a batch script to launch testcomplete. The test has been run (I get emails from the test) but it will not show up in the logs in testcomplete itsself. However when I browse to the location on the harddrive where logs are located, there is a folder created for that testrun (time & date are correct). The difference to logs which do show in testcomplete is, that there is no file RootLogData.dat.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?

Thanks,

Christian

2 Replies

christiank
    Occasional Contributor

Most likely this reason:

The tested application crashed and test complete cant handle that, meaning the Runner is still trying to execute the test but cant (it just sits their).

After a while the pc gets turned off (again windows task). Testcomplete does not get the chance to fully write the log.

Why the Runner can not continue after this application crash I dont know.

m_essaid
      Valued Contributor

hi,

on the "GeneralEvents_OnLogError" maybe you could write "Runner.Stop(True)"

The boolean true means that it stops only the current test and jumps to the next one.