Forum Discussion

mikakoistinen
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Locate error line in keyword test by line number

Hi,

If I run keyword test under TC i can double click line in call stack and  TC jumps to correct line in keyword test.

But when I run test withTest Exceute in another machine and get that error line from there, how can I easliy find what is line for example 272.   (Of course I could convert my test to script and run it again but ... )

• Keyword tests, unlike script tests, aren't really "lines" of code.  There is no actual line number associated with an operation in a keyword test.  The log does link to the line, but it's not based on number.

What I've had to do in the past is copy the folder containing the log results to a machine that has TestComplete installed and then right click on the "log" node in the project explorer and select to add an existing.  Navigate to the folder and select the file and the log will be imported for you to view and evaluate from your TC IDE.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Keyword tests, unlike script tests, aren't really "lines" of code.  There is no actual line number associated with an operation in a keyword test.  The log does link to the line, but it's not based on number.

What I've had to do in the past is copy the folder containing the log results to a machine that has TestComplete installed and then right click on the "log" node in the project explorer and select to add an existing.  Navigate to the folder and select the file and the log will be imported for you to view and evaluate from your TC IDE.

mikakoistinen
      Contributor

I tought so also, but was too"busy" to try.

But noticed that I had to edit *mds.tcLogs file in project\log folder and add one entry there. Without it log wasn't visible in TC