Forum Discussion

jamig
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago

Legacy OCR issue - doesn't work on 1 machine

We are using the Legacy OCR (been using it since 2008 so we are vested) and it works on all machines but one.

We upgraded from 14.6 to 15.1.  

We had to add MorphText code in to get our scripts to work on 1 out of 10 machines.

Hardware is all the same.  This is using an emulator and scraping the screen (not able to use object for this emulator) 

We rolled back to 14.6 and the OCR worked.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

1 Reply

• Hi jamig 

Hope you are well. 

I am not 100% certain whether this works in TC 15 as the documentation is upto date and it states 14 is supported. 

I will check internally more about this. 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/deprecated/ocr/required-plug-ins.html

However you can see in order to get this working you need to disable OCR in the file extensions>Intelligent quality>OCR.

Then you need to install a separate plugin found in the installation files. 

1. "In the dialog, click Add.

2. In the resulting Open File dialog, locate the needed plugin file and click Open. By default, the OCR plugin file (tcOCR.pls) resides in the <TestComplete 15>\Bin\Extensions folder" 

Follow the steps mentioned in the above doc and let me know how this works. 

Do you know when you installed TC 15 did you follow the above steps? 

KR

Vinnie