Forum Discussion

Medved
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Keywordtest to script conversion - no parameters

Hi Folks,

I'm new to TestComplete and have searched the forums for an answer to my question - unsuccessfully.

I'd like to convert a keyword-test to a JavaScript-script. The test includes calls of other keyword-tests with a parameter (String). But the parameter is not converted to the script which results in a JavaScript runtime error. I have to fill in the string parameter manually to make the test work properly.

The TestComplete help says: "Keyword-test parameters become parameters of the generated script routine". In my case they don't.

Who knows that problem and can help me?

Thank you very much!

Medved

• Basically, that means that, while there is a parameter for the keyword test being called, there is no actual value entered, meaning that the call is probably using the default value for the parameter.  If the keyword test has an "optional" parameter which has a default value, you don't need to pass in the value... you can call it without needing any parameter.  If the parameter is required, then it needs to be filled in.

So...  double check those places where the value is the 3 dots... my guess is that the keyword being called, at some point in the past, had no parameters.  The parameter was added at a later date.  If you need to have a specific value in there, then you need to make sure it's filled in.

6 Replies

Medved
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Marsha_R, the conversion works, there is just no parameter inside the brackets of the call of the keyword-test.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Can you give us a screenshot of the keyword test whose parameter is not being sent over to script?  I've just tried the same in my own environment and it's working fine here which means it must be something unique to your situation.