Forum Discussion

Darv72
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Jira 8 Support for TestComplete and Zephyr

Does TestComplete suppot the use of the Zephyr for Jira plugin from a Jira 8.3 instance?  I am trying to connect from a local install of TestComplete to my Jira instance which has the Zephyr plugin intsalled.  I am able to validate my connection however when I click the elipse next to Project the list comes back empty.  I cannot find anything in the TestComplete documentation to indicate what might be the problem, the only requirement I seem to be missing is that we are using Jira 8.3 and TestComplete only lists support up to 7.13.

Darv72
    5 years ago

Yes we were able to resolve the issue.  It looks like the underlying problem was that we had renamed the default Zephyr issue type in Jira.  The default issue type was called "Test" however we had renamed it to "Zephyr Test".  We were able to correct it by modifying the TestComplete project .mds file following these instructions:

1. Open your project file (*.mds) manually with any text editor (e.g. Notepad).
    2. Then find the following section there:
    <setting name="ZFJ_TestIssueTypeName" type="5" value="Test" />
    3. After this, replace "Test" with "Zephyr Test".

This corrected the issue for us.  We are using Jira version 8.3.3, Zephyr for Jira plugin version 5.3.0.53008263 and TestComplete version 14.20.2175.7 x64.

11 Replies

dimonix91

Hello! When using version Jira Server 7.3.3, the problem is similar. The connection is successful, but the list of projects is empty.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

dimonix91 wrote:

Hello! When using version Jira Server 7.3.3, the problem is similar. The connection is successful, but the list of projects is empty.

Right.  Because the highest version supported is a 7.2.x version.