Forum Discussion

EdwinVeerkamp
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Jenkins warning SmartBear Test Extension is not Installed or is Disabled

Hi, 

I have the SmartBear Test Extension installed in the Chrome browser on the test pc where I'm running TestComplete tests.

When I remotely connect to this test pc, I can execute TestComplete tests and they pass. 

But when I build a test via Jenkins, I get the warning 'SmartBear Test Extension is not Installed or is Disabled' in Jenkins and the test is not executed. 

The extension is installed in the Chrome browser, so I don't know why Jenkins returns this warning message. 

• Hi,

thanks for your reply. 

I already found the cause of the failure with Jenkins. When Jenkins executes the test, it uses a different user to executes the tests on the test pc. That user didn't have the Chrome extension installed yet. After having added the extension with that user, the issue didn't occur anymore. 

2 Replies

EdwinVeerkamp
      New Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your reply. 

I already found the cause of the failure with Jenkins. When Jenkins executes the test, it uses a different user to executes the tests on the test pc. That user didn't have the Chrome extension installed yet. After having added the extension with that user, the issue didn't occur anymore.