Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Issues with Keys(), SetText() and [Tab] method on IE9

Hello,

I am testing a product at work that requires the use of TestComplete. In TestComplete I usually have to type in a product  a quantity then I  have to click on the [Tab] button. The first time this is done, it works because it shows all the values that I need, but as soon as I change the quantity to a different value it does not want to work. Even if I click on the tab manually or if I click anywhere else in the window it wont work after I have ran TestComplete. If I do this manually from the beginning this works to perfection, but for some reason when I run this type of scenario on test complete it works the first time, but it will not work the second time when I just change the quantity. If anyone knows how to go around this please help.

Thanks,

Jorge

1 Reply

• Hi Jorge,

It looks like you need to modify your Name Mapping scheme so that it could work with your application objects, which seem to have dynamic behavior. Please refer to the "Handling the 'Object Not Found' Errors" help topic. If the first error in your TestComplete execution log is listed in the topic, click the appropriate link and try applying the advice from the appropriate topic. If you get errors or warnings that are not listed in the topic, please send me the images that will demonstrate them.