Ask a Question

Issue with NameMapping on different computers

melanieKno
Occasional Contributor

Issue with NameMapping on different computers

I have an issue with NameMapping which works totally fine on my side, but when my colleague executes the test a button is not found. The log says that a window was clicked, but it doesn't click the button and we both don't understand why. The "screenshot" of the application window looks as if only a position is selected and not the button object.

NameMappingNameMappingtestLog_picturetestLog_picturetestLog_detailstestLog_details

14 REPLIES 14
Marsha_R
Community Hero

Try a couple of things on the machine where it doesn't work:

Use the right click menu on the alias and see if it will show you the expected button.

Use object spy on the button and see if the name matches what's in the mapping.

That will give us some information to work with.

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
melanieKno
Occasional Contributor

On my colleague's side the object spy doesn't allow to select the button, only the whole window can be selectected as an object.objectSpy.png

npaisley
Staff

Hi @melanieKno!

One of the most common causes of this scenario is the affected machine having the 'Scale and Layout' setting in the OS adjusted above or below 100%. This will be a requirement for TC and can/will cause these exact issues.

You can verify this by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting Display Settings, and scrolling down to 'Scale and Layout'. 

Let's verify this and set it to 100%. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Nick

Solutions Engineer @ SmartBear

Hello @npaisley,

I think it is not with the display scaling, even though the display is 100%, I am getting the same issue.

Please see the below screenshot, on my colleague's machine, when the script is executed, the cursor pointing towards the Accept Button. But in my case, cursor is pointing and clicking somewhere else.MicrosoftTeams-image.png

npaisley
Staff

Hi @abhishek1997,

Thank you for verifying the display settings.

Is your teammate using the same project suite as you, or are they interacting with this object in a project they created themselves?

We see this at times when applications require custom MSAA, UIAuto or custom Java classes added to their project. Have you made any changes to these settings that your teammate may not have?

Regards,
Nick

Solutions Engineer @ SmartBear
melanieKno
Occasional Contributor

No, we are using exactly the same Project Suite checked out from a Version Control System (Git). That's why we have no idea where this issue is coming from.

melanieKno
Occasional Contributor

Hello again,

are there any other suggestions? We need to solve this issue to proceed with our project...

I would do a file compare between the project folders on the two machines. Let's see what's different.

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
melanieKno
Occasional Contributor

As already written there is NO difference, because the project is checked out from GitHub (VersionControlSystem) and so we are using exactly the same files.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: