Forum Discussion

Stub
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Issue with Firefox not responding when recording script

Hey folks, I'm learning how to use TC10 at the moment on the trial, and thought I'd post about a few issues I'm having.

I use Firefox 38.0.5 on Windows7/x64 and have various Smartbear web pages open while I learn my way around TC10. However, I am noticing that whenever I record a script (which invokes a C++/Windows app) Firefox inevitably ends up "not responding" and I have to force it to quit, with the usual "Windows is looking for a solution..." dialogs.

I'm starting to drift towards IE instead because this happens sooooo often. Is this known, work-aroundable, etc?

[edited to try and restore original formatting!]

7 Replies

Stub
      Occasional Contributor

Yes, looks like I have done so as the files in the patches you list are the same as the ones on my box. There were a few auto-updates when I first ran TC10.

I'm not having problems testing web pages in Firefox however. I'm actually testing a Windows Desktop app, but Firefox happens to be running at the same time with various Smartbear web pages open for reference while I learn my way around TC10. FF seems to stop responding whenever I record a script with TC10. Playback is fine, it's just on recording.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Oh, I see.  Hm.  It could be a memory issue.  TC can be a bit greedy.  Have you looked in Task Manager to see what's open and also check the Performance monitor?  That might give a clue.

blacy
    Contributor

How are you using Firefox 38.0.5 when I don't see the SB patch is avaliable for that version yet?