Forum Discussion

CGilbert
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Is there a way to roll back test complete to an earlier version?

I'm losing valuable time trying to work through things, it seems the self-heal extension is not part of the default package of test complete like it was in 14.30 so I need to roll back. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or is there a way to just rollback. 

CGilbert
    4 years ago

Learned that is was a license issue, did not realize we had to deactivate the license on the system prior to imaging our system. Sean in Tech server was a great help and we are back up and running. 

6 Replies

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi CGilbert !

To use self-healing tests with TestComplete 14.40 and above, you need to have the Intelligent Quality add-on installed.

Please make sure that the IQ add-on and self-healing extension are enabled in File -> Install Extensions menu.
    If the are enabled, check that this mode is on in Tools->Options->Engines->Name Mapping->Enable Self-Healing mode.

If you are using a trial license, you have the Intelligent Quality add-on and you will be able to use self-healing for 14.50.

CGilbert
      Contributor

I do not have it installed or activated and I came from 14:30 and it seems to be a payment option now. So that's a big frustrating being that my 30 programs do not run now without the Object not found popup, once I select retry it will run until the next instance will popup again. 

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

You must uninstall TestComplete first in order to rollback it to some previous version.

Do not deactivate license during uninstall.

CGilbert
      Contributor

Unfortunately, I had to reinstall windows and it was telling me my key is already activated, I'm working with Tech service now to fix the issue. 

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I had to reinstall windows

Ah, in this case you had to deactivate all your licenses installed on this machine before reinstalling Windows.

Hope that Support guys will solve this problem.