Forum Discussion

maxtester
Contributor
8 years ago

Is it possible to export all functionames

Hi all,

for the scriptdokumentation I would like to have an overview of all functions and their parametes that I have created in my suite. Is there any possibility to export or to get a list with all scripts, their function, paramter in the functions.....

Regards

Max

4 Replies

djadhav
    Regular Contributor

What language you are using for scripting? Please give an example of the content of the documentation you would like to create.

• I am using JScript and looking for a method that lists all functions that are within a script. Something like this:

script foo.sj

- function test1(param 1)

-  function test 2()

script foo2.sj

and so on. Something like javadoc in eclipse

djadhav
      Regular Contributor

Here is a simple way to do it with Powershell. Open Powershell with Administrator privileges (Right click and select 'Run as Administrator')

Command

Select-String -Path "C:\TC11Projects\abc\scripts\*.svb" -Pattern ^[ \t]*function

Explanation:

"C:\TC11Projects\abc\scripts\*.svb" - Folder where the script files are. *.svb identifies the files to be scanned.

^[ \t]*function - regular expression that specifies 'All lines that have function as the first word preceded by 0 or more spaces or tabs'

This will give you an output like this:

TC11Projects\abc\scripts\ManageAccess.svb:34: FUNCTION Init()
      TC11Projects\abc\scripts\ManageAccess.svb:43: FUNCTION Goto_HomePage
      TC11Projects\abc\scripts\CommonActions.svb:43: FUNCTION LogOut

maxtester
        Contributor

I have already imlemented such parser which gives me each function in each script, parameters, my descritpion and so on. It works fine for me. But I am also looking for such a in TC function and I am wondered that t does not exist