Forum Discussion

mgroen2
Super Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Installation of TestComplete in Azure VM fails

I have downloaded trial edition of TestComplete 11.

For evaluation purposes I want to install it in a newly created (clean) VM from Azure.

During installation the error is displayed "Warning: Setup has detected TestComplete 11 running on your computer. Please close the application and press OK to continue".

Pressing OK does not have influence (same message keeps coming up), Pressing Cancel cancels the installation.

I am not running TestComplete on my own (local) machine, although I have it installed.

I know running TestComplete trial on a VM is not adviced, it should be possible.

What to do to fix this issue? So I can install TC on Azure VM ?

Thanks,

Mathijs

Update: This seems to be an issue only occuring in one of the latest TestComplete installers. TestComplete.exe install of beginning of March, does not have this issue. Already reported it to Support desk.

• Rename your installation package to something other than "TestComplete.exe".

2 Replies

• Rename your installation package to something other than "TestComplete.exe".

mgroen2
      Super Contributor

That solved, thanks.

Strange thing was the downloaded file had the name 'TestComplete.exe', so I had to rename it manually to install it....