Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Important! Chrome 64 blocks the TestComplete extension.

Hello!

Yesterday, on the 24th of January, Google released a new version of the Chrome browser – 64.0.3382.119.

Once Chrome is updated to this version, it disables the TestComplete extension and does not allow to enabled it anymore:

We are working on a solution now. Meantime, it is possible to manually fix the problem using the following steps:

1. Open the chrome://extensions/ web page in Chrome.

2. Locate the SmartBear Test Extension version 12.0.0 in the list of installed extensions. The extension is expected to be disabled without a possibility to re-enable it. Delete the extension from the list by clicking the Trash icon.

3. Open the following page in the Chrome Web Store:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/smartbear-test-extension/gmhjclgpamdccpomoomknemhmmialaae
Install the extension by clicking the Add To Chrome button and confirming the requested permissions.

4. Once the extension is installed, TestComplete should be able to work with Google Chrome.

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Community,

I was informed that our R&D Team has updated the extension. Everything should be fine now.

lermar1
    New Contributor

Followed the steps - TC is able to launch Chrome, but unable to navigate to webpages.

See the screenshot

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

That may be an entirely different problem.  Do you have the Web Module license enabled on your machine? Is the URL you are using accessible?  Do you need to set a maximum timeout so that it waits longer?  All these things could impact that "Navigation" call.

lermar1
    New Contributor

Yeah, I went thru the ABC before posting. The script works fine with IE but not with the latest Chrome. 

tried to record a brand new script on Chrome - getting an error that extension is not enabled, but it is.

Please see the screenshot attached

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

The extension version you are adding is a couple of years old.  The instructions further up this thread point to a different version.  Please attempt that version so that you have the January 25th version of the extension and try again.

lermar1
    New Contributor

I have the latest extension, version 12.0.1

The image is to show that TC errors and offers to download the old extension

I guess I will open a support ticket

Thank you for your time

rndasa
    Occasional Contributor

Hi 

Do we have similar link for 12.31 instead 12.0.1?

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

The link provided by Dmitry in his initial message points to the Google's store with the most recent and actual version of the extension. Yes, the version reported for the extension is 12.0.x but it works fine for me for TC 12.4x and should work for 12.3x if I remember correctly.