Forum Discussion

BrandonH
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Identifying objects within a RibbonSwtCanvas

Hi,

I'm testing a java desktop application that has a RibbonSwtCanvas (JavaFullClassName: eclipse.swt.ribbon.renderer.RibbonSwtCanvas).  There are many, what should be, child objects within the Ribbon; however, TestComplete does not recognize them and can not map to them.

Any suggestions on how to access the tabs and buttons within this RibbonSwtCanvas?

Thanks,

Brandon

• If it's like many different ribbon types and tool bars for many different kinds of objects, then the individual buttons and items within the ribbon themselves are not mappable objects but need to be operated against using "ClickItem" methods.  There may be properties like wButtonID or wItems or something like that for checking the different items available.

Generally speaking, however, I'm not sure that particular class is natively supported in TestComplete so you may need to resort to investigating the component for native properties, methods, etc... or edit the object mapping in the project to attempt to map your control to a similar component.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

If it's like many different ribbon types and tool bars for many different kinds of objects, then the individual buttons and items within the ribbon themselves are not mappable objects but need to be operated against using "ClickItem" methods.  There may be properties like wButtonID or wItems or something like that for checking the different items available.

Generally speaking, however, I'm not sure that particular class is natively supported in TestComplete so you may need to resort to investigating the component for native properties, methods, etc... or edit the object mapping in the project to attempt to map your control to a similar component.

BrandonH
      Contributor

Thank you Robert.

This particular class does not seem to have any useful properties (such as the ones you mentioned) that I can use to check different items.

One other question, for editing the object mapping, what Object Name would SWT objects fall under?