Forum Discussion

acm
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

IE browser inconsistency

As a new user, I am recording keyword tests for starters and am experiencing inconsistencies with the pixel-related clicking actions, which make me wonder if my current setup is hindering. 

I extend my Dell laptop's display capability by using 2 additional LG monitors.  The resolutions are: 

1920x1080 (Recommended) for both the Dell laptop & one LG monitor, and

900x1440 for the other LG monitor that is rotated 90 deg. 

However, when recording and playing the Keyword tests, I use the 1920x1080 monitors only.  Regardless which 1920x1080 I place the IE browser in, I am still getting "out of the window bounds" error and "cannot locate object".  Once, I noticed the test actually ran to completion w/o errors but the intended function of logging out of the AUT was not happening.  (The IE browser undergoing the test playback remained on the same page and I did not see any clicking actions.) 

Please see attached screenshots.  Any feedback shall be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Arlene

• It would be helpful to see the code/keyword tests you're using.  Clicking on an object should not be dependant upon screen location or resolution if the object is being identified correctly.  For that matter, when executing Click commands, if you just pass empty parameters (Click()) or negative -1 (Click(-1, -1)), TestComplete interprets that as clicking on the center of the indicated component, regardless of screen resolution.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It would be helpful to see the code/keyword tests you're using.  Clicking on an object should not be dependant upon screen location or resolution if the object is being identified correctly.  For that matter, when executing Click commands, if you just pass empty parameters (Click()) or negative -1 (Click(-1, -1)), TestComplete interprets that as clicking on the center of the indicated component, regardless of screen resolution.

acm
      Contributor

Hi again, following up with the keyword test items (code) and the log with expected vs actual results.  Thanks again for the help.  Much appreciated.

Arlene

shankar_r
        Community Hero

Hi,

As tristaanogre said, Have you changed the clicking positions to -1 or empty. 

Based on the screenshot, I'm assuming when you recorded the Keyword the was maximized where as while running it was not.

When it is not maximized i guess the your click point may in out of bounds.

Try to change the clicking positions value and let us know the results.

acm
    Contributor

Thank you, Robert.  I will try that out.  And post the keyword/code as well.