Forum Discussion

SVijayaraghavan
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

IE HTML Web Objects are not recognised

Hi,

I'm using TestComplete 11 and IE 11. Any html object is not getting recognised through it. I have already installed tcOpenApps and tcOpenApps2.pls extensions.

Sub Test2
Dim browser
Call Browsers.Item(btIExplorer, "", Browsers.pX64).Navigate("http://store.demoqa.com/")
Set browser = Aliases.browser.BrowserWindow.FrameTab.tabpage.ShellDocObjectView.browser
Call browser.Click(1106, 143)
Call browser.Click(257, 365)
Call browser.Keys("asdfasdf")
Call browser.Click(277, 423)
Call browser.Keys("ddf")
End Sub

Appreciate any suggestion to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Sudhakar

• Hi Sudhakar,

Why do you think so? How did you map this element - Aliases.browser.BrowserWindow.FrameTab.tabpage.ShellDocObjectView.browser - if the web objects are not recognized? What is presented in your Object Browser?

• Hi Baxatob,

Thanks for the reply, The reason I thought is textboxes to enter user name and password are all recognising at browser.click and key events with co-ordinates. When I re-checked, if the chrome browser is already opened while IE is opened, it's not recognising at IE browser for me. something odd..

I close the chrome and delete the namemapping and re-recorded. it's recognising as textbox now. As mentioned below.

Call Browsers.Item(btIExplorer).Navigate("http://store.demoqa.com/products-page/your-account/")
    Set browser = Aliases.browser
    Set form = browser.pageYourAccountOnlineStore.panelContent.articlePost31.formAjaxLoginform
    Set textbox = form.textboxUsername
    Call textbox.Click(63, 4)
    Call textbox.SetText("SudhaTest")

Thanks,

Sudhakar

2 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi Sudhakar,

Why do you think so? How did you map this element - Aliases.browser.BrowserWindow.FrameTab.tabpage.ShellDocObjectView.browser - if the web objects are not recognized? What is presented in your Object Browser?

SVijayaraghavan
      New Contributor

Hi Baxatob,

Thanks for the reply, The reason I thought is textboxes to enter user name and password are all recognising at browser.click and key events with co-ordinates. When I re-checked, if the chrome browser is already opened while IE is opened, it's not recognising at IE browser for me. something odd..

I close the chrome and delete the namemapping and re-recorded. it's recognising as textbox now. As mentioned below.

Call Browsers.Item(btIExplorer).Navigate("http://store.demoqa.com/products-page/your-account/")
      Set browser = Aliases.browser
      Set form = browser.pageYourAccountOnlineStore.panelContent.articlePost31.formAjaxLoginform
      Set textbox = form.textboxUsername
      Call textbox.Click(63, 4)
      Call textbox.SetText("SudhaTest")

Thanks,

Sudhakar