Forum Discussion

vsumathi
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

How to stop executing a keyword test after certain time frame and move to next keyword test

I am running TestComplete through automatic job set through windows scheduler using ‘session creator’. Right now, if for some reason the test execution is not completed (example: if our application was slow to respond to display a pop-up ), TestComplete will not stop/shut down automatically and will run in the background. I have to manually force quit TC from the task manager every time if this situation happens.

So, what I am looking for is a way to automatically stop the test run of a keyword test and execute the next keyword test after a certain time (say after 3 min).

See my screenshot and sample scenario below

My batch job to run my Test Suite using SessionCreator

See the screenshot of my keyword tests

 So if step 1 (Auto_Import) failed due to some reason, after 2 min I want TestComplete to stop executing step 1 and move to Step 2 (Add Vendors). If none of the keyword tests worked then I want TestComplete to execute the last step (script to send the email with test results)

• Hi vsumathi ! This should be solved with TestComplete settings. Go to Properties>Playback>Error Handling and select Stop current item for On Error.

Let me know if this works!

1 Reply

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi vsumathi ! This should be solved with TestComplete settings. Go to Properties>Playback>Error Handling and select Stop current item for On Error.

Let me know if this works!