Forum Discussion

jeromep
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How to stay in the same tab for all tests

Hello everybody,

For unknown reason, sometimes (most of the time..) when I play recorded tests it opens a new tab almost each time, and resulting a play in one tab and while waiting some orders from the second one, it plays on a new tab, resulting errors in my tests. This is a bit annoying. Any idea how to stay in the same tab forever for all my tests?

(I checked all options without any success)

Many thansk for your help,

Cheers'

• That is not the common behaviour.

Unless of course, you are starting a new test by navigating to the URL again instead of continuing your test from where the previous one concluded.

Navigating from one page to the next with a wait command does not expect a new Navigate operation to be issued.

Hope that helps

-Lino

jeromep
    5 years ago

Ok I understand better, I was using previously Katalon Studio and I remember it was automatically opening/closing brower for each test cases, it acts different on TestComplete, I will be used to, many thanks for your answer, appreciated

3 Replies

LinoTadros
    Community Hero

That is not the common behaviour.

Unless of course, you are starting a new test by navigating to the URL again instead of continuing your test from where the previous one concluded.

Navigating from one page to the next with a wait command does not expect a new Navigate operation to be issued.

Hope that helps

-Lino

jeromep
      New Contributor

Ok I understand better, I was using previously Katalon Studio and I remember it was automatically opening/closing brower for each test cases, it acts different on TestComplete, I will be used to, many thanks for your answer, appreciated

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Katalon Studio is based on Selenium which architecturally implements unit-testing/integration approach. I.e. test results are binary and tests are atomic and independent.

TestComplete, on the contrary, is more the end-to-end functional testing tool, which means that test results are not binary (i.e. test may report problems but it is up to you to consider it to be passed or failed) and tests can be chained in order to compose a business task flow out of simple atomic actions.