Forum Discussion

sugia279
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

How to record action while executing the script?

Hi All,

I need to automate to input data into a dynamic dialog that mean all controls of this dialog will be changed to the difference cases.

My script:

1. Prepare data for my app.

2. Open dialog.

- If the appeared dialog is new,

+ The testcomplete will show the message to request tester input data into that dialog => tester click Ok.

+ While tester input data, the script will record information of the controls (include the properties that are used for identifying and its value) that tester have just interacted to them, and then write these information into file.

- If the appeared dialog is old, the script will use the information that is saved in the first time to find control and input data.

How can I record the tester actions as above description?

If this impossible, please help me to give me the best solution.

Thanks and regards,

Hien Su

2 Replies

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

sugia279

That is exactly the core work of a test automation engineer.

You will need to write your scripts (either by hand or used or by using TC's record function), which performs the actions.

After writing the script with just the recorded actions you insert validations in relevant parts of the script (where the application dynamics are triggered). You can do validations on all sort of things like objects, regions, files, etc, 

See TC Online Help for more info or contact Support.

sugia279
      Occasional Contributor

Hi mgroen2,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know this is the core work of a test automation engineer.

Ok. I just want to ask that:

Does the TestComplete support the C# script API to start Action Recorder function?

And if yes, How can I get the recorded script?

Thanks and regards.

Hien Su