Forum Discussion

jvkumar
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

How to perform the click actions on Janus Command bar menu buttons

Hi,

We are automating a VB.Net application which has got Janus Command bar menu buttons (Janus.Windows.UI.CommandBars.UICommandBar 3.5.0.42).

I have TestComplete 7.5 enterprise edition but not able to capture individual menu items and perform click action on them.

Can you please guide me, how can I do this.  We use VBScript for automation.

Thanks,

Vijay

5 Replies

• Hello Vijaykumar

Have a look into the help topic. UICtrlMainMenu Property.

The UI control bars supported version is Janus UIBars Control V3.0.0.25. Not sure about V3.5. But give it a try and see what happens.

Thank you

Syed

jvkumar
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Syed,

We could not find the UICtrlMainMenu property in the control by default. We tried adding the control in the Project properties through object mapping but still we couldn't see the property in the object browser. Please guide us to get the above property in the Janus Commandbar control.

Thanks,

Vijay 
  • Hi Vijay,

TC 7.50 does not have official support for Janus UIBars Control v.3.5 (see the "Working With Custom Controls" help topic).

However, we've created some tests with this version of the control and found no problems (the menu is accessible via the UICtrlsMainMenu property).

>> I have TestComplete 7.5 enterprise edition but not able to capture individual menu items and perform click action on them.

This behavior is normal. TC doesn't recognize individual items of this control. To access a particular item of the menu, you need to use the UICtrlsMainMenu property (see the "UICtrlMainMenu Property" help topic).

>> We could not find the UICtrlMainMenu property in the control by default.

1. Make sure that the "Janus Systems Controls Support" plug-in is installed (see the "Extensions Dialog" help topic).

2. Try to reproduce the issue with the following sample application:

"<Janus Systems>\Controls for Microsoft .NET\Windows Forms Controls v3\Demos\WordPad.exe"

Does the issue occur?

gnarayana
    Occasional Visitor
    Hi,

Can you please give more details on the below comment... 

2. Try to reproduce the issue with the following sample application:

"<Janus Systems>\Controls for Microsoft .NET\Windows Forms Controls v3\Demos\WordPad.exe"

Does the issue occur?

Is this a sample project in TC or downloadable application from some site, which we can install and test using TC?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Guru

• Hi Guru,

This is a sample application shipped along with Janus controls.