Forum Discussion

m_essaid
Valued Contributor
10 years ago

How to organize Test Complete and Test Execute

Hi,

I have TC on my PC and TE installed in a virtual machine. I would like to know how to install them and where to put the projects folder (for example do I have to use the same folder for both or make a copy after each changes of the project ?).

Is there a tutorial for this ? I didn't found it.

Thanks for any advise,

Mehdi

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    We do it both ways.   Some places we share folders and some places have their own folders that we update.  

I have several machines that I need to run tests on but I usually do the work on my laptop with the project folder in my personal network drive so I know I'm getting the tests that I just worked on but maybe don't want to check in to the repository yet.

Our tests that run with the overnight build have their own project folder but we automatically checkout the whole project first and then run the tests so that we always run the most recent tests with the build.

We did all this by trial and error.  You can try one way and if that doesn't work for you,  just switch it around.
    m_essaid
    Valued Contributor
    Hi,

So I could make TE and TC share the same remote folder, and with batchs makes TE runs after the night built of our software.

Am I right ?

Mehdi
  • I also deploy the same way as Marsha RobertsonIt works and meets our need for now. At night time, all VMs will check out the entire project and activate TestExecute to run test suites by using Windows scheduled tasks. 
  • Same here.

VM's running TE always pull down an entire project from version control. All run as part of nightly build. Or can be started manually during normal hours if needed.