Ask a Question

How to jump to different subgroup for testing in the case of timeout? or timeout on subgroup?

SangeetNenwani
Contributor

How to jump to different subgroup for testing in the case of timeout? or timeout on subgroup?

I am working on a project with many test cases and many groups and subgroups. some test cases are dependent on other test cases of subgroup. I would like to have timeout on subgroup so i can skip whole subgroup? or if it is not possible then timeout on test item and i can jump to next group to continue testing. If i use timeout event I am either able to skip that testcase or whole testing, but i want to skip or jump that test subgroup

5 REPLIES 5
vinniew
Staff

Re: How to jump to different subgroup for testing in the case of timeout? or timeout on subgroup?

Hi @SangeetNenwani 

You can configure this in the project items/Execution plan.

This is where your test items/groups/sub groups reside. 

You can individually apply different time outs and on error controls, such as continuing, stopping the item, stopping the whole test etc  

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/control-test-flow/overview.html

Check it out using the above link 

KR 

Vinnie

SangeetNenwani
Contributor

Re: How to jump to different subgroup for testing in the case of timeout? or timeout on subgroup?

Hello @vinniew 

I have already seen that. But In some cases, one test case is affecting 4,5 subgroups containing many test cases. If I stop only that test case, then every test case will have to wait still its timeout, that are affected by previous one test case. It could take hours. 

vinniew
Staff

Hi @SangeetNenwani 

You can configure this on an item by item basis. 

Instead of using Groups can you use Test Items/Child Test Items ? 

From reading both posts that should work for you. 

Let me know 

KR

Vinnie

SangeetNenwani
Contributor

Hey @vinniew 

It is almost impossible to change every group/subgroup into test item and child test item. It might take months to whole team to rework that thing.
I am looking for solution in current group/subgroup and test item condition. So in the case of error or timeout, I can skip that subgroup or jump to other test group to execute tests

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

> skip that subgroup or jump to other test group 

Alas, no way. (Though similar feature request was created quite long ago).

The only thing that is possible to configure is to stop current test and continue with the next sibling.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: