Forum Discussion

Capricornus
Contributor
3 years ago

How to edit name mapping of pop-up objects?

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with the following problem: In my tested application I have some objects that only appear when I click on an item (such as a menu but not a "menu" item) and disappears when I click outside of it.

So, I can identify it via point & fix in the Object Spy, but then my object has disappeared and I can't open it in the object tree to manually edit the name mapping.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance 🙂

4 Replies

• have you tried the second option to grab the object (ctrl + shift + a)

that way, you click the object, pop up appears, then you hover the mouse till the object is captured, then you press ctrl shift a.

Best,
    Justin Kim
      Capricornus
      Contributor

that's what I used. The problem is that I can't edit the name mapping because when I change from the tested application to TestComplete the object is gone and the specific fields can't be read anymore. Or the object I need is not exactly the object I could target with the mouse but an object one or more levels up the object tree. But when I want to change to the Object Browser the target is gone and not be accessible in the tree.

ebarbera
        Staff

Hi Capricornus - 

My suggestion would be to add an object and then modify the properties to be those of the disappearing object - its a bit of a workaround but will allow you to add the object to the NameMapping. 

Let me know if you have additional questions. 

Emma