Forum Discussion

sarya
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

How to copy one load task with n number of virtual users to another task

I have a load test task with 30 users and if I want to increase the number of users and created different tasks with increasing number of users ,I have to add them manually one by one in the task.For example : Load1 is a task with 30 users and if I want to increase the number of users from 30 to 40,I have to create a nother task with 40 users.There is no option of checking and unchecking the no of users if we want to add more users to a task or decrease the no of users which is very time consuming. So if anybody can help me with this ,an option to add all the users on the test page that can save time and work.

Thanks,

Sumedha

3 Replies

• Hi,

Can you clarify your request? Load Testing tasks do not contain any virtual users, and if you mean tests, you can simply modify the number of users in the editor (see the "Load Test Editor" help topic).

sarya
    Frequent Contributor
    I meant by the load test editor where everytime I need to add 30 more users to a task ,I have to do it manually.Can I not copy an already created task with 20 users and add 30 users to it. Also if I have to add 250 users to a task ,I have to add them manually there which takes a lot of time.Is there way to do this with script ?

Thanks .
  • Hi,

If you mean users in the 'Virtual Users' pane of the LT test editor, you can copy and paste them in a regular way (Ctrl + C/Ctrl + V). If you mean tests, you cannot copy and paste them.

> Is there way to do this with script ?

See the "Creating Virtual Users and Running Tasks" help topic.