Forum Discussion

13 years ago

How to compiling Flex Applications with the FlexClient Library?

I am using TestComplete 8.60 trial to test Flex application (Flex 4.5).Compiling Flex Applications with the FlexClient Library. In the"Preparing Flex Applications for Testing with Automation APIs": http://smartbear.com/support/viewarticle/19971/#Builder

there is 3 ways to compile. I have some questions about them to choose the most approriate way:

+ Using Flash Builder or Flex Builder IDE: This way require to open object in Flash Builder (Flex Builder). Must I
have to download and install Flash Builder 4.5?Because it's rather heavy
(1.02GB).It'll take a lot of time to get it

+ Using the Flex compiler’s command line: Is it that command line is used by developer when he is building
application? I am just a tester, so I think I couldn't join to this
period.

+ Using the Flex compiler’s configuration file: In this way you can modify the Flex compiler’s configuration file, <Flex SDK>/frameworks/flex-config.xml. But I couldn't find where the file  flex-config is in TestComplete?

I don't have a lot of time to do my job.Please help me as soon as possible!Thanks a lot.

1 Reply

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Truc,

The easiest way is to compile a Flex application is to use the FlashInjector.swf module. If you cannot use it for some reason, I recommend that you compile the application with the FlexClient library shipped along with TestComplete. For this purpose, you just need to download and install the FlexSDK utility that is not as heavy as the Flash Builder is and you can download it for free from the Adobe web site.

For more information, please refer to the Which Testing Approach to Choose help topic.