Forum Discussion

cruzader
Contributor
13 years ago
Solved

How to clear Project Logs programmatically?

Hello to all.

I hope someone could help me with my inquiry.

Is there a way to clear the Project Logs programmatically?

Currently I have a script (macro) in MS Excel where after some processing of information, I invoke a pre-created

TestComplete script via command-line.  The TestComplete application is automatically started when called from the command-line.

A specific routine in my TestComplete project is invoked.  After execution of the routine, TestComplete is then automatically closed.

Then the cycle goes on for several iterations depending on the information/data I have in MS Excel.

The problem I see is that, the Logs increases per iteration.  And this makes my TestComplete script folder increase in size.

This is the reason why, if possible, I would like to clear the project logs for each iteration before closing the TestComplete application automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ruel

• Hi Ruel,

There is no way to remove test logs from script. However, you can act in one of the following ways to reduce the size of the project log:

1. You can specify the number of test logs which will be kept in a TestComplete project suite and project. To do this, uncheck the "Tools | Options | Engines | Store all logs" option and set the needed value of the "Number of recent logs to keep" option.

2. Use the PNG format to store images in the test log. Please see the "Specifying Log Images Format" article to learn how to change the format of screenshots stored in the Test Log.

I hope this helps.

1 Reply

• Hi Ruel,

There is no way to remove test logs from script. However, you can act in one of the following ways to reduce the size of the project log:

1. You can specify the number of test logs which will be kept in a TestComplete project suite and project. To do this, uncheck the "Tools | Options | Engines | Store all logs" option and set the needed value of the "Number of recent logs to keep" option.

2. Use the PNG format to store images in the test log. Please see the "Specifying Log Images Format" article to learn how to change the format of screenshots stored in the Test Log.

I hope this helps.