Forum Discussion

Farinaz
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

How to check in "adding existing keyword" ?

Hi 

I have a Problem. 

I want to add keyword test from project in suit1 to a project in suit2. I can do this with add existing item.

but I want to check in it to tfs . to have this permanently. Unfortunately when I Right click on adding items and go to source control, check in is disable . 

what I must to do to check in this item ?

• Hi,

When you add an existing item to a project, TestComplete just adds reference to the file. Physically, this file is still located in the folder with project suite 2. Since there is no file in the folder with project suite 1, you cannot check in it. It's expected behavior. 

You can check in this file only from project suite 2. Or, copy the ".tcKDTest" file to the "<projectsSuite1>\<Project1>\KeywordTests" folder and after that add it to project suite 1 using the same approach (Add | Existing Item). In this case, you should be able to check in this file. 

2 Replies

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

When you add an existing item to a project, TestComplete just adds reference to the file. Physically, this file is still located in the folder with project suite 2. Since there is no file in the folder with project suite 1, you cannot check in it. It's expected behavior. 

You can check in this file only from project suite 2. Or, copy the ".tcKDTest" file to the "<projectsSuite1>\<Project1>\KeywordTests" folder and after that add it to project suite 1 using the same approach (Add | Existing Item). In this case, you should be able to check in this file.