Forum Discussion

googleid_104927
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

How to automate a grid belonging to ApexGrid in TestComplete?

I have a grid in my application and I spied using the TestComplete tool. It identifies its WndClass as "TG60.ApexGrid32.20". I am not able to get the number of cells or rows properly. Anyone has any experience with objects of this class? Does any other application support this class? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am currently using TestComplete 9.3. 

• Hi Venkat,

You should be able to work with your grid using its native properties and methods. Judging by the screenshot you posted, the Columns property is something that you can use to get the needed information. Expand this property in the Object Spy (or in the Object Browser) by clicking the ellipsis button - you should see much more properties that will store the information you need. 

If this doesn't help, please post here a sample application containing the control - we could try analyzing the grid in this case.

6 Replies

• Hello, 

Thanks for your response! I am not able to find out which class the Grid belongs to. 

The application is build using VB.Net. 

Is it possible to say from properties of the object displayed in the spy? 

Thanks,

Venkat. 
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Venkat,

You should be able to work with your grid using its native properties and methods. Judging by the screenshot you posted, the Columns property is something that you can use to get the needed information. Expand this property in the Object Spy (or in the Object Browser) by clicking the ellipsis button - you should see much more properties that will store the information you need. 

If this doesn't help, please post here a sample application containing the control - we could try analyzing the grid in this case.

• Thanks guys,,

Am able to pick up values from the grid now. But am still unable to pick up the labels.. I'm positive it is automatable....

Thanks for the response...

Cheers. 

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Can you share with us a code you created to get data from the grid? It may help other users!

As for the other question, you can create a snapshot of your grid (it demonstrates how your grid is shown in the Object Browser) and post it here. Perhaps, we can give you some clue on what property or method you can use. Please refer to the "Creating Snapshots in Object Browser" article to learn how to create snapshots in TestComplete. Please make sure that you save all properties and methods of the grid.