Forum Discussion

sarya
Frequent Contributor
14 years ago

How to assign a webpage value to a test object on the webpage

Hi,

I have a script where I need to get a date value from some different screen and then click on a test object having the same value on a different webpage .I was able to retrieve the value from the first webpage.The second screenshot contains the object with the same value where I need to click using the retrieved value.

// I retrieved the value like this:

page1 = Sys.Process("iexplore").Page("http://" + servername + ":" + port + "/" + r2wcontext + "/"  "publicationPropertiesGet.do*");

value = aqObject.GetPropertyValue(page1.document.all.Item(62),"innerText");

value comes like this : 28 Jul 2010 09:52 AM EDT 9:52:56 .

Now how to use this retrieved value in the script to click an object on another screen with same value. I cannot call the object using the id as it changes everytime the timesatmp changes,so how to use a retrieved value as anothe rvalue to be clicked on some other page.Is there any specific function for this?

Thanks,

Sumedha

3 Replies

• Hi,

Use the Find method (see the "Find Method" help topic). You just need to know the property name which holds the needed value in the target object.
    sarya
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Jared,

I retreived the value like this using GetPropertyValue :

page1 = Sys.Process("iexplore").Page("http://" + servername + ":" + port + "/" + r2wcontext + "/"  "publicationPropertiesGet.do*");

link = aqObject.GetPropertyValue(page1.document.all.Item(62),"innerText");

Tha value of the "link" variable comes like this : 28 Jul 2010 09:52 AM EDT 9:52:56 .

Now I need to assign the above retrieved value to another variable so that I can use click operation on a link having this value :28 Jul 2010 09:52 AM EDT 9:52:56  .Which function can I use to assign a variable the value retrieved with the name "link" from the above code.

Thanks,

Sumedha

• Hi,

If you need to click the same link, you just need to call its Click method:

page1.document.all.Item(62).Click()

I'm not sure why you need to obtain its text and then click it by this text.

As for assigning a variable value to another variable, use '=' to do this.